“St Bede’s Pupils in celebration following GCSE Results”
Pupils meet at St. Bede’s Catholic College today at 1000 to collect some excellent GCSE results
Students secured grades matching their greatest expectations and our ambitions for them; performance of the most able students was exceptionally strong with 27% of all grades at either A* or A!
Headline figures :
- 82% achieved at least 5A*-C grades
- 73% achieved A*-C in both English and Mathematics
- 80% of grades were at C or above
- 71% achieved 5A*-C with English and Mathematics
- 27% of the grades were at A*/A
- Some outstanding results were achieved by students, 24% of whom secured at least 5 A*/A grades.
- 54% of grades were at A*AB
- Performances in many subjects were excellent, including:
Additional Mathematics 92%
Resistant Materials 86%
Distinctive A Star Performers – A^
Some outstanding results were achieved by the most talented with 27% of all grades at A*A.
Three students, Eva Clothier, Arnold Gomes and Davis John were successful in getting the new top grade of A^ which is A* Distinction, in Additional Mathematics.
Three students achieved at least 10A* grades including Davis John 11A*, Harriet Selway 10A* and Isabella Redmond 10A*.
A further 16 students between them shared 174 A*A grades.
“Our results today are evidence of the high expectations, determination, resilience and hard work of both students and staff, for which all must be commended.
We celebrate the successes of these young people and then start again in September, determined to ensure that every child who attends St. Bede’s achieves grades that match both aptitude and industry.”
Catherine Hughes, Principal